While speeches will give a quick boost to an issue's score, the way to solidify an issue's place in the heart of voters is with Advertisements.
Placing an ad is similar to giving a speech where picking an issue and stance is concerned. Where tactics change is in choosing an advertisement medium. There are three different types of advertisement, each with their own costs and strengths.
- Initial Cost: $50,000
- Weekly Cost: $3,000
- Change in Candidate's Position: 1 / week
- Weekly Change in Voter Position: 1 / week
- No National Bonus.
- Initial Cost: $450,000
- Weekly Cost: $30,000
- Change in Candidate's Position: 3 / week
- Weekly Change in Voter Position: 4 / week
- National Candidate Position Bonus: 2 / week
- National Awareness Bonus: +3 / week
Note: In the above data, all changes in issue position are relative to the stance a candidate takes. If a candidate says they favor an issue, then their position on that issue will RAISE every week, where opposing an issue will LOWER their position the value listed above.
How can you use advertisements to bring down the hammer on the opponent? Add your strategy below!