Building and Expanding
To start the game, you are given a Level 1 Election Headquarters in your home state. Your headquarters brings in money, raises your awareness, and increases the number of known issues which will give you more to campaign on.
PRO TIP: During your first week of campaigning, upgrade your Home Base to a Level 2 Campaign Headquarters. This will give you more money per week and increase your overall awareness.
As you go through your campaign, you will have other opportunities to construct different types of headquarters. You must choose carefully, since you are only allowed one HQ building per State. Each building can be leveled up 3 times, with bonuses increasing each time you level. Choosing the right Headquarters is essential for victory! Your options are:
- Campaign Headquarters: This building brings in weekly donations, raises your awareness, and unlocks more issues for you to campaign about.
- Level 1: $10,000/week - 1 Awarness Point/week - Top 10 State Issues
- Level 2: $30,000/week - 2 Awareness Points/week - Top 15 State Issues
- Level 3: $90,000/week - 3 Awareness Points/week - All State Issues
PRO TIP: Upgrading to a level 3 Campaign Headquarters will give you a free basic Operative who can be moved around the country to boost your awareness.
- Consulting Office: This building does nothing for your cash flow, but this brings in a lot of “Political Capital,” which you can use to hire operatives to boost your poll numbers and mess with your opponents.
- Level 1: +1 Political Capital per week
- Level 2: +3 Political Capital per week
- Level 3: +7 Political Capital per week - +1 Awareness Point per week
PRO TIP: Since this office doesn’t raise your awareness at all, it’s a good idea to build this in states that aren’t essential for your victory.
- Outreach Centers: In order to gain the support of special interest groups, you will want to build one of the centers. they are designed to help the community and will raise your stance amongst public leaders, which will help you build up ‘PR Clout’.
- Level 1: +1 PR Clout per week
- Level 2: +3 PR Clout per week - +1 Awareness Point per week
- Level 3: +7 PR Clout per week - +2 Awareness Points per week
PRO TIP: If the election campaign is long enough, it’s possible to snatch up all available endorsements. If this happens, destroy your Outreach Centers since PR Clout will be wasted at that stage in the game. You can build a more useful headquarters in its place.